NPC does not share information that it collects with third parties for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
Collection of Information
You generally are not required to affirmatively provide information about yourself when you visit the Services. However, we may collect information that you provide directly to us through the Services when you contact us with a question, register for our mailing list, order a publication, reply to a survey or questionnaire, or initiate other transactions through the Services. The information that we may collect directly from you may include:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone number, or e-mail address;
- Communications preferences;
- Stories, comments, and other information posted in our interactive online features;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and
- Additional information related to your requests or as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
NPC or its agents also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Services, including
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Services;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Services;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded; and
- Standard Server Log Information
Use of Information
NPC may use the information that we collect through the Services in certain ways in connection with our business. These uses may include:
- Providing you with the products, services, and information that you request;
- Responding to your questions, comments, and other correspondence that we receive from you;
- Providing you information about products and services offered by us or selected third parties that we think might be of interest to you;
- Soliciting information and feedback from you, including through surveys and questionnaires;
- Performing business analyses or for other purposes to improve the quality of our business, our Services, and the products or services that we offer;
- Customizing and personalizing your use of the Services;
- Publishing information that you post in our interactive features; and
- Such uses as are otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Disclosure of Information
NPC may share your information in limited circumstances, including:
- With our authorized service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to develop and transmit communications for us, manage databases, or perform analyses);
- With a member company if you are an employee of the company;
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, or a request for cooperation by a government or other entity, whether or not legally required, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or as otherwise required by law;
- To protect or defend the rights, property, safety, and security of NPC, our members, users of our Services, or others;
- If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy; and
- When you consent to such sharing, including when you post information to a user profile or a public area of the Services, such as a chat room, forum, blog, or other community tool.
NPC also may share aggregated information that does not identify individual users with our service providers and other third parties.
We also may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, Local Shared Objects, and similar technologies to collect information through the Services. For example, third parties may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics, or that helps them deliver advertising through the Services. Local Shared Objects (sometimes referred to as “Flash Cookies”) are similar to standard cookies except that they can be larger and are downloaded to a computer or mobile device by the Adobe Flash media player. Please note that you may need to take additional steps beyond changing your browser settings to refuse or disable Local Shared Objects and similar technologies. For example, Local Shared Objects can be controlled through the instructions on Adobe’s Setting Manager page. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of the Services may no longer be available to you.
Do Not Track
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals. Web browsers incorporate and activate this functionality in different ways, and it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
Review and Update Information
You can review and update your contact information through your profile settings.
Protection of Information
NPC has implemented reasonable security procedures to help protect the information that you provide to us. However, no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is ever completely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and for any access to or use of the Services using your password, whether or not authorized by you. Please notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
NPC has worked with certain third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Services. For example, you can use third-party social networking services, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and others to share information about your experience on our Services with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Services. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our Services and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our Services or about your use of our Services, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
How To Contact Us